When you are starting a business, there are many things that can go wrong, even if you have taken all the right steps. Your over-precaution can cause mismanagement in the company. Your under-precaution can cause the loss of operations control and your micromanagement can cause your workers to feel uncomfortable. All of the mentioned three things are not good for business.
But how would you know how to start providing better operations, and in turn start doing better business? It all falls down to quality of the management of the company. Fortunately, the independent organization called International Standard Organization has the solution.
The ISO 9001:2015 standard acts as a guidebook that establishes certain benchmarks that once you reach, can give a serious boost to the quality of operations of your company. It has specifications regarding every facet of company that ensures better quality, better operations and more trust from the customers.
How Would You Define ISO 9001 Standard?
The ISO 9001:2015 standard is the most versatile of all ISO standards. This standard establishes the benchmarks for the QMS or Quality management systems of the company. In simple terms, it contains a specific checklist of what makes a company provide good operations, better management and gather more trust. This is more or less the simple definition of ISO 9001: 201 standard.
However, the definition is going to be subjective to the sort of business you run. There are many versatile ways to implement ISO 9001 standard and there are as many types of businesses. For a small business, acquiring ISO 9001 certification can be a defining moment. For small businesses, many things are still at their ground work stages, and following the standard can lead to a strong foundation that can lead to the small business’s eventual growth.
In simple words, ISO 9001-2015 certification causes evolution for small businesses. But how is that possible? For that, let us discuss the benefits of ISO 9001:2015 Certification.
What are the Benefits of Acquiring ISO 9001 Certification?
International Standards Organization’s inception was because there was a need of a standard that defines how the companies should work properly. By properly, we mean a way of operations that can lead to all things positive for the company. This brings us to the benefits of ISO 9001 Certification:
- Providing an effective and reliable management process: In order to effective manage the company, the senior management should have access to a pathway through which each and every department of the company can be communicated. Through ISO standard, proper management system can be established that can help the senior management assert a better control on the company.
- Provides a proper ratio of responsibilities: Consider the company as a living organism with its different departments, its proper organs. Unless each and every organ has a defined responsibility towards the organism, the organism can be destroyed. Destruction is what ISO certification prevents. It defines proper responsibilities for proper departments of the organization.
- Spreads the message of positivity among the staff: Where there is growth in business, there is positive message among the staff and the customers. It is an indirect advantage of ISO 9001 certification that ensures that all staff members are happy with the company’s operations.
- Highlights the errors within the organization: Following the checklist as per the ISO standard is going to let you highlight the deficiencies within your organization. The error deduction attribute is a godsend for many organizations where mismanagement causes much of the issues of the company to be hidden.
- It continually assesses the company: The entire premise of ISO 9001 is to circularly check and recheck the operations of a business. The circular assessment techniques ensure that every error is taken care of early and future errors with the operations are prevented. The company can perform near to perfection due to this.
- It attracts customers to the company:As a marketing tool, ISO certification is the best one there is. Once a company acquires ISO certification, it has access to customer’s trust and attention.
- It can promote cost effective operations: Operations should be of utmost quality. However, it is always necessary to keep in mind that they don’t get too expensive. Expensiveness leads to more money outflow than inflow. As a result, there can be no profit made. Following the International Standard allows companies to maintain their operations in a way that the profits don’t suffer.
Now let us mirror the aforementioned benefits to the small businesses.
Also get detail about MSME registration.
Small businesses and ISO certification
What do small businesses require for their initial growth? Cost effectiveness, more customers and proper operations. The benefits of ISO certification encompass all the three:
- Through the promotion of cost effective operations the small businesses are able to gain a significant amount of turnover during their initial business years.
- ISO certification acts as a marketing tool and this can aid small businesses to gather trust from customers. As a result, more and more customers are attracted towards it.
- Proper operations for the company through timely error detection and rectification. Small businesses have to ensure near perfect business operations at its initial stages. Following an ISO standard can certainly aid with that.
Through the aforementioned benefits, small businesses have a chance to evolve themselves through ISO 9001 certification. Being ISO certified is something that every small business should aspire to, for it is the road to the business’s evolution.